Quick & Easy Chicken Mozzarella is a recipe that comes from Huz’s side of the family and is a great one to have in your back pocket for a quick dinner night. Here is the general recipe which feeds 2-4 people – but is very easy to adjust accordingly:
- 2 – 4 Chicken Breasts tenderized (or not)
- 1-1 1/2 cups of flour
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Paprika
- Few shakes of hot pepper flakes (if you are feeling spicy!)
- 1 can or pint of pizza sauce
- 1 cup(ish) of mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil
1) In a shallow bowl mix flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot pepper flakes together.
2) Tenderize chicken then dip into flour mixture until all pieces are well coated; compost (discard) any remaining flour (we figure if it comes from the earth, it should return to earth so it can feed us again!)
3) Heat a skillet with olive oil and add chicken. Pan fry chicken until juices in chicken run clear. If you tenderized your chicken it will cook faster than if you did not. (Internal temp 165)
4) While cooking your chicken preheat oven to 350
5) Once chicken is cooked place in a pan (12×15 or 9×13) & coat tops with pizza sauce as much or as little as you like, then top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese to your liking
6) Bake in oven until cheese has your desired melted-ness. About 10 minutes-ish
Pairs great with baked potatoes, rice, green beans, corn, garlic bread, or whatever sounds best to you. Huz also likes to pack this meal as sandwich style for his lunch the next day.
Here is a picture of the chicken as the meal plated with freezer corn and beans. My pampered chef aunt is probably going to cringe at my plating ability, but we were so hungary that taking a picture of the meal was an after thought… At least we remembered right?
Huz pointed out that this meal was almost 100% our ingredients, maybe that is why it tasted so darn good or was it the rumbling of my stomach? Hunger is always the best spice! As the seasons progress I will show you how easy it is to have your own freezer beans and corn ready to go, and pizza sauce canned, which makes this meal even easier and even cheaper!
In the words of Julia Child – Bon Appétit